Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween...a little late

I figured I should update again, plus I have so many pictures to put up that it's probably going to kill this computer.
I got a majority of my Christmas shopping done on Thursday and Friday, now just to package it all up and sent it off. I also booked my ticket to Munich as well as my guided tours and hostels, which incidentally made the credit card company put a hold on my card..oops. I found a tour company that takes a 6 day tour around the Republic of Ireland, hitting all the tourist stops for about 250 pounds, but that includes hostel, breakfasts, train tickets, bus tickets, and all entrance fees so I think that I'm going to be doing that. I'll have a day and a half between coming home from Munich and leaving on the tour; hopefully, the tutors will understand :D
I celebrated Halloween last night with the Polish/Slovakian/Swedish girls. Marta was so excited; it was her first Halloween so we got candied apples and went to the "Biggest Firework Display in Northern Ireland." They go all out for Halloween here; the firework display lasted at least 30 minutes/7 songs and was done in tempo to the songs. It was amazing and I had a lot of fun living vicariously through Marta and her first experiences.
I'm spending this weekend in my room. Not only do I have to get my papers done (almost half done with my Comparative Essay) but there is a British Army march in City Centre on Sunday that we've been told to avoid and Sinn Fein is planning a march as well in reaction. To be honest I would like to see the marches but I don't know if I'll go down there or not. Tonight we're going to "The Bomb" a play about the IRA so that should be interesting and informative.
Otherwise things are going good here. I've got a cold, runny nose, sore throat, but that's nothing compared to what some of the other girls have. We've kind of all resigned ourselves to being sick off and on until we got home and our germ equilibrium being restored.
Well I guess I must continue my essays, there's only so much procrastination left for me to do...although I do need to upload my pictures off my camera and clean my room :D Happy Halloween...this little 2 year old boy was our only trick-or-treater
City centre is gorgeous at night
Petra and her first carmel apple
This entire choir is made up of disabled adults and their caretakers, they were amazing singers!!
Paulina, Marta (both Polish), Eveline (Swedish)
Paulina and her broom getting ready for the fireworks
The crowd was in the thousands
"Let's do the Time Wrap again!"
Firework Time!!
...
Jamming to the music...
.........
Got to have the lighter up for Prince
...
....
....
Marta freezing in the last song of the 30 minute set

No comments: